This is an implementation of 2048 in Emacs.
It has a bug tracker.
There are two ways to install 2048-game.el:
MELPA -- a package manager for emacs. This is the recommended way to install 2048-game.el
- Follow the instructions under "installing" on MELPA's getting started page.
- Restart Emacs, to make it reload your init file.
- Find this package in the package list, and move point (the cursor) there. It should one of the first few in the list.
i to mark the package for installation.
x to execute the commands and install the marked package.
You can install the game from source. This is not recommended unless you're changing the code.
- Clone this repository.
M-x load-file, then navigate to the repository, and load
- The goal is to create a tile with value 2048.
- Start the game by typing
M-x 2048-game, and pressing enter.
- You can move the tiles around with the arrow keys, p/n/b/f, or C-p/C-n/C-b/C-f.
- Whenever the board moves, all tiles slide as far to that direction as they can go. If a tile collides with another tile of the same value, the tiles combine into a tile with double the initial value, and you gain the new tile's value as your score.